Table of Contents:
Iron Man Dumbbell Set Review:
You can adjust the weight of your dumbbells quickly and easily with the Adjustable Dumbbell Set. The Adjustable Dumbbell Set makes it easy to organize your workout space by eliminating the need to have multiple dumbbells with different weights.
- Weight range from 2.5 to 55 pounds
- For quick, easy weight changes, use the LeverLock mechanism.
- Comfortable and secure grip with contoured handles
- High-polished, durable chrome finish for weight plates
- It Included a high-quality stand measures 36.1x33x22.9 inches (WxHxD).
Our Iron Man Dumbbell Set Review:
Because my free weights were based on traditional plates and twist couplers, I wanted to work out faster with an interlocking plate system. These were the ones I chose after looking at all of the options:
1. The quality was comparable to other brands (Bowflex and Gold's Gym, Powerblocks etc.).
2. You can increase your weight by 2.5 pounds. This is much better than the Gold's Gym model, smaller but only 10 lb increments. These can be adjusted to up to 55 lbs, as opposed to 50 for some other models. Although it wasn't a major decision-making point, I did find it to be a nice bonus when I rated them higher than the rest.
3. It was less expensive - not from Amazon, but directly from my local Costco. The stand was more costly than the one it came with, but I don't believe it is without a stand. This is in comparison to the Bowflex with a stand (another $$$).
The assembly took me about 25 minutes, and I can assure you that it is sturdy enough to support the dumbells.
The only problem, and it's very small, is that each plate must be selected using the lever. It's not dissimilar to other brands.
In some ways, it feels like old-school dumbells with the ability to swap plates but with a faster and more efficient mechanism for switching them.
Bowflex is my favourite for their turning dial selector, but there are too many complaints about the fragile nature of some plastic parts. These are all metal: the handles, locking mechanisms, and plates. Only the plastic parts are the holding trays, the feet and the stand.
You can get them if you want them. Make sure the lever is locked completely on each plate before you pick it up. A plate fell from the stand as I was lifting the handle.
How To Use Iron Man Dumbbell Set?
- Each handle weighs: 10 lbs.
- Each outer weight plate weighs: 5 lbs.
- Each inner weight plate weighs: 1.25 lbs.
First, place the dumbbell on the tray so that the weight plates are facing up. Then, lower the dumbbell down into the tray.
Lift a selector and slide it until it aligns with the outer weight plate. Then, lower it. To ensure that the selector is inserted correctly, rock it from one side to the other.
This step can be repeated on the opposite side of the handle. Always use the same number of outer weight plates for both handles.
Push a lock tab towards the handle to select the inner weight plates. Rotate the disc clockwise, counterclockwise, or clockwise until you find the correct position. Then, release the lock tab. You can repeat this process on the opposite side of the handle.
Always use the same inner weight plates for both handles.
How To Use Iron Man Dumbbell Set?
- Lift the dumbbell straight up off the tray.
- After using the dumbbell, place it on the tray so that the selectors are at the top.
- Lower it down into the tray.
You can try different weight plates until your feel comfortable with dumbbells.