Table of Contents:
- 1 Bayou Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell Review 
- 1.1 Bayou Fitness Pair of 50 lb Adjustable Dumbbells Features:
- 1.2 Design of Bayou 50 lb Adjustable Dumbbells
- 1.3 Durability of Bayou Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells 50 lb
- 1.4 Customer Reviews:
- 1.5 Storage
- 1.6 Bayou Fitness vs. Bowflex dumbbells
- 1.7 Conclusion Of Bayou Fitness Pair of Adjustable Dumbbells
Bayou Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell Review 
Adjustable dumbbell sets have become increasingly popular in recent years, and the Bayou Fitness adjustable dumbbells are definitely worth considering for a number of reasons.
These dumbbells are a great overall addition for anyone who is putting together a home gym because they are tired of spending a lot of money going to a traditional one.
Bayou Fitness Pair of 50 lb Adjustable Dumbbells Features:
- Two 50 lb. adjustable dumbbells and storage trays
- 5 in 1 adjustable dumbbells
- Lift from 10 to 50 lbs.
- Durable heavy duty chrome-plated steel construction
- Includes limited one-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Best Adjustable Dumbbells for P90x
- PowerBlock Sport 24 Adjustable Dumbbell Review
- Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells Review
Design of Bayou 50 lb Adjustable Dumbbells
Each dumbbell has a storage tray that you can use to rest them securely when you are not using them. When you want to switch weights with these dumbbells, all you have to do is just slide the metal locking pin along the central track. You can go from 10 lbs. all the way up to 50 lbs. per dumbbell.
The position of the locking pin ultimately determines the number of weight plates that remain on each dumbbell when you lift it out of the storage tray. The part that is nearest to the end of the dumbbell holds more plates.
All of the plates that you do not have selected will stay safely in the tray until you are done with your set, which is when you can feel free to slide the dumbbell back into the storage position until you want to use them again. These dumbbells have a great overall design that I absolutely love.
Switching between weights is very simple and easy, and I have never had any issues with doing so before. If you are looking for a set of adjustable dumbbells that is easy to use, this one has a lot to offer. You can adjust these dumbbells in 5 lbs. increments, which is ideal for those who are going to be lifting in the 24-45 lb. range.
These dumbbells are fairly large in size, which shouldn’t be a problem for most people. If you are planning on doing certain exercises though, you might encounter some problems. For the most part these dumbbells are well-suited to a variety of home workouts, making them very versatile in their design.
Durability of Bayou Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells 50 lb
The fact that these weights are chrome-plated is a clear indication as to just how durable they are. I have used quite a few different adjustable dumbbells, but these are far and away the sturdiest I have ever purchased.
I am very confident that I’ll be able to keep using these weights for many years to come without any problems whatsoever. The material these dumbbells are made from is very strong and made to last, so you won’t have to worry about them getting beat up in a short amount of time.
While it is true that these adjustable dumbbells are perhaps a bit larger than some of the other ones on the market, they can still help you save quite a bit of space compared to buying individual dumbbell sets. If you are planning on using dumbbells in your home workouts, these ones won’t take up a lot of room.
- Durability: These dumbbells are definitely some of the sturdiest and most durable you will find on the market. These dumbbells’ chrome-plated steel construction guarantees that they will stand the test of time.
- Easily adjusted: Adjusting the weight on these dumbbells is very easy and simple.
- Adjust in 5 lb. increments
- A wide range of weight options: With these dumbbells you can lift anywhere from 10 to 50 lbs.The Bayou Dumbbells are well made and well designed.
- A bit large: These dumbbells are a little bit longer than standard dumbbells, which might be a turn off for some.
Bayou Fitness vs. Bowflex dumbbells
Bayou Fitness or Bowflex are two names that you might have seen if you've already researched the various types of adjustable dumbbells available.
Both have adjustable dumbbell sets, but it can be hard to know the difference without seeing them in action.
There are many aesthetic differences between dumbbells. However, the two main functional differences are the increments in weight adjustment and adjusted weight.
For example, the Bowflex SelectTech 552's have a large dial at each end to quickly adjust weight to a clearly defined level.
On the other hand, Bayou Fitness sets require you to lift a locking pin and then slide it to a position that will hold the weight plates to the bar.
The Bowflex adjustable dumbbells offer a wider range of weight increments than the Bayou Fitness model. You can adjust the weight of each dumbbell between 5 and 52.5 lbs in 2.5 lb increments. This allows you to reach heavier weights above 25 lb.
Bayou Fitness sets allow you to adjust the weight of each dumbbell by 5 pounds each time. This ranges from 10 lb up to 50 lb.
Before making a decision, it is worth considering the warranty, price, and grip.
The Bayou Fitness adjustable dumbbells are the most affordable, at less than $200. This compares to the $300 you will likely have to spend on a set SelectTech 552's.
Conclusion Of Bayou Fitness Pair of Adjustable Dumbbells
Overall, I found the Bayou adjustable dumbbells to be a very attractive purchase. These dumbbells have an extremely sturdy design, and changing weights with them is extremely simple.
These dumbbells only go up to 50 lbs, so it is important to keep that in mind for those who might want to go higher in the future. If you are just starting out with weight lifting though, these dumbbells could be a great addition to your home gym as a whole.